The Dominican Summer League, operated by Major League Baseball, is a Rookie-level circuit that has operated in the Dominican Republic since 1985.
Dominican Summer League
1271 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10020
Dominican Summer League Office Staff
Manager, Complex Leagues: Andy Shultz
Email: [email protected]
2022 Opening Date: June 6
Baseball City Division – Blue Jays, BAL Black, BAL Orange, Dbacks Black, Dbacks Red, Padres, Reds, White Sox
North Division – BOS Blue, BOS Red, CLE Blue, CLE Red, HOU Blue, HOU Orange, KC Glass, KC Stewart
Northeast Division – Cubs Blue, Cubs Red, Mets 1, Mets 2, NYY Bombers, NYY Yankees, PIT Black, PIT Gold
Northwest Division – Athletics, Braves, DSL Marlins, DSL Miami, DSL Rays, DSL Tampa Bay, LAD Bautista, LAD Mega
San Pedro Division – DSL Brewers 1, DSL Brewers 2, Phillies Red, Phillies White, TEX Blue, TEX Red, Tigers 1, Tigers 2
South Division – Angels, Cardinals, DSL Colorado, DSL Giants Black, DSL Giants Orange, DSL Rockies, Mariners, Nationals, Twins
- Postseason begins on Thursday, Aug. 25, 2022.
- Six (6) division winners and two (2) wild card teams (i.e., the teams with the best winning percentage who are not a division winners).
- Eight (8) teams seeded according to winning percentage, regardless of whether the team is a division winner or wild card (1 vs. 8, 2 vs. 7, 3 vs. 6, 4 vs. 5).
- All rounds are best-of-three.
- In the event of any ties, the following tiebreakers will apply in the order below:
- Head-to-head record (if three or more Clubs, best winning percentage in games among the Clubs).
- If the Clubs remain tied, best overall winning percentage over the last 20 games.
- If the Clubs remain tied, best overall winning percentage over an additional game (i.e., the last 21 games, the last 22 games, etc.) until one emerges with a better winning percentage in that span of games.